Tennis | Tennis Posts
Choosing the right Tennis Posts
sportsequip.co.uk sell a wide range of steel and aluminium, socketed and freestanding tennis posts for all standard British court types. In addition we have a special section for natural grass, artificial grass tennis courts and MUGA's. The range includes the hand crafted Ash posts as used at Wimbledon and steel posts as used at other major ATP and WTA tournmanents including The Olympics and the US Open.
All sets comprise a winder post and an anchor post. Both tennis posts come with securing eyes and net retaining rods. The anchor post has a hook on the outside edge to secure the tennis net headline loop. The winder post comes with a brass winder mechanism with a drilled hole in the centre of the winder cylinder to take the stub pin on the end of the tennis net headline. It is important to grease the winder before initial use and to keep it fully greased throughout its life. The net must never be over tightened as it may dislodge the tennis post sockets.
The internal dimensions of sockets are around 4-6mm larger than the external dimensions of the tennis posts. See our separate data sheet on the correct method of installation of tennis sockets.
Tennis Post Options
- Socketed Steel Tennis Posts - The most popular posts for all court types. Round or square, shape and dimensions to suit your personal preference
- Socketed Aluminium Tennis Posts - Lighter weight if regular post removal is a consideration and rust resistant, particularly important if you are close to the sea and suffer from salt air corrosion
- Freestanding Tennis Posts - Posts for MUGAs and artificial pitches. No sockets to disrupt the surface. Optional trollies available for ease of movement.
- Grass Court Tennis Posts - Surface mounted plates held in place with earthworm screws mean no sockets are required
Tennis Post Socket Options
- Removable Capped Lids - As standard our sockets come with a pair of loose plastic caps, best for most tennis courts
- Hinged Steel Lids - For use on MUGAs and school courts, where posts are occasionally removed and the surface is used for other sports
Why should you buy your Tennis Posts from sportsequip.co.uk?
- sportsequip.co.uk are the UK's leading online supplier of tennis posts, nets and other equipment to clubs, schools and domestic court owners
- sportsequip.co.uk constantly trawl through the suppliers and product options available and pre-select only the best value and the best quality tennis posts and nets readily available in the UK today
- We aim to offer all tennis posts from stock
- We offer a range of matching and complementary nets, centre guide adjusters and tennis court equipment
- For our customers peace of mind we offer only equipment from the most reputable UK suppliers and UK tennis manufacturers
- We sell a comprehensive range of tennis court equipment to suit all budgets
- All products are delivered direct to your door. FREE delivery within England, Wales and Southern Scotland
'The Rules of the Game' published by St. Martins Press, describes Lawn Tennis as a game in which individuals (singles) or pairs (doubles) compete against each other. The game is played on a court divided by a net. The object of the game is to propel a ball over the net in such a way that it bounces in court and beats any attempt by an opponent to return it.
If you're looking for special or specific capital tennis equipment please telephone us now on 01858 545789.
Read more on the sportsequip.co.uk blog