London Sport, the capital’s sport and physical activity organisation, has launched a new strategy for an active London, in conjunction with Sport England and the Mayor of London.
The strategy aims to make London the most physically active sporting city in the world, with a vision of over one million Londoners becoming active by 2020. Currently one in every two people is not physically active, rising to three in every for those with a disability.
London Sport has set out 5 key objectives for its strategy:
- Make it easier for Londoners to find the right activity, stay in it, and achieve their potential
- Get more resources by making the best use of current investments and securing more
- Support grassroots organisations by making the structures simpler and better
- Create a bigger and better workforce to support activity
- Harness the power of elite sport to create sustained grassroots activity and inspire the next generation of talent
London Sport will also support 46 National Governing Bodies of Sport in delivering their sport in the community, enabling the bodies to access local groups committed to increasing participation in sport throughout the capital.
For more information on London Sport, visit www.londonsport.org/aboutus.