Compliant Wet Pour On To Existing Base
STANDARD BASE DETAILS - OVERALL MINIMUM 40mm DEPTH
Existing macadam / concrete base (assuming reasonable drainage sub-base)
- The existing base should be thoroughly inspected to ensure stability and long term life expectancy.
- If necessary, to ensure drainage through base, it should be drilled through with minimum 18mm dia holes at between 500mm or 1 metre centres. Holes should be backfilled with a clean stone, aggregate or sand.
- If necessary the base should be cleaned either chemically or with a power hose / pressure cleaner to remove dirt and debris.
- If necessary the base should be suitably primed to accept our COMPLIANT WET POUR surfacing.
- To ensure a firm edge detail the existing surface should be 'chased' to a minimum depth of 12mm x 60mm wide, as suggested by the Association of Play Industries (A.P.I.), although Boyd Sport & Play Ltd. would normally enlarge this wherever possible.
- The edge gradient from the top of the full depth of our COMPLIANT WET POUR to edge the external edge of the COMPLIANT WET POUR, is usually no steeper that 1 in 2 for thicknesses up to 50mm and 1 in 2.5 for thicknesses over 50mm.
- The area of full depth surfacing, before the edge gradient and 'chase' should be to the full required distance from the measured edge of the equipment.
- The base is now ready to accept our COMPLIANT WET POUR Impact Absorbing Surfacing.