Tennis | Tennis Nets
Choosing the right Tennis Net
sportsequip.co.uk sell the widest range of standard 42' doubles tennis nets available in the UK including types as used at major events including Wimbledon, The Olympics, the US Open and many other ATP and WTA events.
The choice is for either a traditional cream or white 'canvas' headband or a wipe clean vinyl headband. Both types come with a range of 2mm to 3.5mm twisted or braided nets. Both types of net also offer either standard double stitching along the headband or alternatively stronger quad stitching for heavily used courts. All tennis nets come with an integral plastic coated steel headline wire with loop and pin ends for fixing to an anchor post and into a British winder mechanism. Also available are 33' singles tennis nets and a made to measure service. Contact our sales office for further details.
- Canvas headbands - Traditional cream coloured headbands
- Polyester headbands - Canvas style white headbands
- Vinyl headbands - Wipe clean white plastic headbands
Headband Stitching Options
Over time many tennis nets fail because the stitching holding the net to the headband breaks. In most cases the whole net is tired and ready for replacement, but if this is all that has happened, it is frustrating to feel that the net is otherwise ok and it should have lasted longer. This is the time to consider a 'quad stitch' replacement.
- Standard double stitching - Two lines of stitching along the length of the headband to hold the net. For domestic and lower use tennis courts.
- Quad stitching - 4 lines of stitching. Only 1 line is required to hold the net in place so having a quad stitch net offers maximum life expectancy. Recommended for clubs, schools and all heavily used tennis courts.
- 2mm twisted - the thinnest net, using coiled polyethylene fibres. These nets have no edge reinforcement. The cheapest tennis nets available. Suitable for low use courts, particularly those prone to vandalism.
- 2.5mm twisted - low cost entry level tennis nets for low use domestic and public courts.
- 3.5mm braided - The best weight and all quality tennis nets use this stronger interwoven polyethylene fibre. As used at Wimbledon.
Other Available Options
- Singles tennis nets - 33' long nets, available off the shelf.
- Special length tennis nets - we can make any non-standard length to order, up to around 42' 9".
- Double loop headlines - These fit continental manufactured tennis posts, not common in the UK, so made to order only.
Why should you buy your Tennis Nets from sportsequip.co.uk?
- sportsequip.co.uk are believed to be the single biggest suppliers of tennis nets in the UK to clubs, schools and domestic court owners
- sportsequip.co.uk constantly trawl through the suppliers and product options available and pre-select only the best value and the best quality tennis nets and posts readily available in the UK today
- We aim to offer all popular standard nets from stock
- We offer a range of matching and complementary centre guide adjusters
- For our customers peace of mind we offer only equipment from the most reputable UK suppliers and UK manufacturers
- We sell a comprehensive range of tennis court equipment to suit all budgets
- All products are delivered direct to your door. FREE delivery within England, Wales and Southern Scotland
'The Rules of the Game' published by St. Martins Press, describes Lawn Tennis as a game in which individuals (singles) or pairs (doubles) compete against each other. The game is played on a court divided by a net. The object of the game is to propel a ball over the net in such a way that it bounces in court and beats any attempt by an opponent to return it.
If you're looking for special or specific capital tennis equipment please telephone us now on 01858 545789.
Read more on the sportsequip.co.uk blog