sportsequip.co.uk supply the UK's most extensive range of standard 42' doubles tennis nets, including types as used at major events such as Wimbledon, The Olympics, the US Open and many other ATP and WTA events.
All of our tennis nets are supplied complete with an integral plastic coated steel headline wire with loop and pin ends for fixing to an anchor post and into a British winder mechanism.
Singles tennis nets and a made-to-measure custom net service are also available.
Choosing the right tennis net
Two of the main decisions to make when choosing a new tennis net are the headband type and the net thickness.
Headbands (the white band that runs across the top of the length of the net) are available in either a traditional cream / white 'canvas' material or a wipe clean vinyl material. Each has their own benefits, such as aesthetics, maintenance or durability. Find out more on our net buying guide.
Netting thicknesses - Tennis nets are manufactured in a range of thicknesses, from 2mm to 3.5mm. The thicker the netting, the more durable the net. Some tennis nets will also offer either standard double stitching along the headband or alternatively stronger quad stitching for heavily used courts, further increasing durability of the net.
Contact our sales office for further details on 01858 545789.
- Canvas headbands - Traditional cream coloured headbands
- Polyester headbands - Canvas style white headbands
- Vinyl headbands - Wipe clean white plastic headbands
Headband Stitching Options
Over time many tennis nets fail because the stitching holding the net to the headband breaks. In most cases the whole net is tired and ready for replacement, but if this is all that has happened, it is frustrating to feel that the net is otherwise ok and it should have lasted longer. This is the time to consider a 'quad stitch' replacement.
- Standard double stitching - Two lines of stitching along the length of the headband to hold the net. For domestic and lower use tennis courts.
- Quad stitching - 4 lines of stitching. Only 1 line is required to hold the net in place so having a quad stitch net offers maximum life expectancy. Recommended for clubs, schools and all heavily used tennis courts.
- 2mm twisted - the thinnest net, using coiled polyethylene fibres. These nets have no edge reinforcement. The cheapest tennis nets available. Suitable for low use courts, particularly those prone to vandalism.
- 2.5mm twisted - low cost entry level tennis nets for low use domestic and public courts.
- 3.5mm braided - The best weight and all quality tennis nets use this stronger interwoven polyethylene fibre. As used at Wimbledon.
Other Available Options
- Singles tennis nets - 33' long nets, available off the shelf.
- Special length tennis nets - we can make any non-standard length to order, up to around 42' 9".
- Double loop headlines - These fit continental manufactured tennis posts, not common in the UK, so made to order only.
Have a question?
We understand that buying a new tennis net can be complicated!
You can find more information on our blog, or simply call us for expert advice on 01858 545789.